Looking for a new challenge?
On behalf of our client, an international hotel in Tokyo, we are looking for a Director of Catering Sales.
- Responsible for contracting and closing local catering and social business and ensuring that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery
- Responsible for achieving catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals
- Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them
- Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to ensure guest satisfaction
- Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs
- At least 3 years of experience in Sales in a luxury hospitality environment
- Fluent in Japanese, both written and verbal
- Strong track record in achieving sales targets
- Energetic, self-driven with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Outstanding communication and public speaking skills
- Highly adaptable and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment