Looking for a new challenge?
On behalf of our client, a 5 star hotel in Tokyo. We are looking for a Restaurant Manager.
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the restaurant floor, with a focus on financial performance and the standard of service provided to guests. The Restaurant Manager is responsible for ensuring their team operates in the most effective way possible, offering support and leadership as needed.
- Ensure that a high standard of service is delivered by the department at all times.
- Ensure all guests are satisfied and handle all special requests, issues and complaints as they arise.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained to an optimum level for guest satisfaction whilst within budget guidelines.
- Ensure all tasks are correctly executed throughout the restaurant floor.
- Plan, organise and allocate the team for the setup and execution of functions and events.
- Be well-informed with a thorough knowledge of available products and promote promotions, events and guest surveys.
- Supervise and ensure all inventories are accurately completed at the end of the month, performing spot-checks as required.
- Handle escalated complaints and report all issues and complaints to the Restaurant Manager.
- Ensure that those you are responsible for operate in accordance with SOP.
- Follow all instructions as directed by management.
- Ensure regular department meetings are planned and executed to enforce good communication within the team.
- MUST be able to converse in Japanese
- Japan experience is required
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Enforce hygiene and cleanliness standards.
- Highly motivated
- Be a team leader and lead by example.
- Educate your team.
- Respect the opinion of colleagues & patrons.
- Have a positive mental attitude.
- Communicate effectively with guests.
- Confidently upsell products, promotions and events.
- Communicate professionally with all colleagues when on duty.
- Communicate professionally and clearly between departments.
- Demonstrate initiative and be proactive.